The year was 1970, and Ed Reiff was looking for ways to keep the people in his basement waterproofing business, “Desert Dry Waterproofing,” busy during drought season. Staffed by men experienced in paving and concrete, Ed started Associated Paving Contractors, named with “A” to get people’s quick notice in the yellow pages.
Ed’s three sons came into the business, with son Adam taking an interest in the paving company. Adam took over in 1981 and purchased the business from Ed in 1992. Since then Associated has grown from a small driveway paving company to a recognized leader in the industry in the Philadelphia area.
In 1989 Adam saw the need for a qualified environmental contractor to meet current regulations and started APCON Environmental Services. Today the sister companies use the APCON moniker, as Associated Paving grew to become much more than just a paving company.
Today the company employs approximately 50 people and has acquired a large fleet of varied and versatile equipment and trucks.
Staffed by qualified and dedicated employees, APCON plans to continue its mission of building its business on the relationships it has built with its customers, vendors, and employees.
As a leading innovator in the Delaware Valley area paving industry, APCON takes pride in setting the standard for all we do. In recent years, APCON has laid claim to various innovations including green initiatives, such as:
- Owning a vast fleet of equipment to enable us to be a truly full service paving company
- Including many specialty pieces other companies don’t own
- Being one of the first- and still one of the only- paving companies in the Philadelphia metro area to offer Street Print technology as a solution to expensive brick or other patterned materials
- Also we are a certified installer of ADBRUF products
- Also being one of the first to recycle asphalt and concrete since both materials are completely recyclable and can help save resources
- Utilizing used motor oil to heat the office’s headquarters in the winter, which helps to significantly reduce costs and save resources
Looking ahead, we aim to continue to develop new processes in order to save customers money, become increasingly environmentally friendly, and remain a dynamic leader in the paving industry.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you in the near future with site improvement projects.